All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sophists were bold, exciting innovators with new ideas about Athenian society. Plato criticised the Sophists for promoting dangerous ideas which threatened the traditional structure of society. Were they versatile and multi-talented? This book offers a treatment of the subject by twenty leading scholars in the field.
- Author BiographyPatricia F. O'Grady is Adjunct Research Associate, Department of Philosophy, Flinders University of South Australia. She is the author of Thales of Miletus: The beginnings of western science and philosophy (2002) and editor of Meet the Philosophers of Ancient Greece (2005).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/06/2008
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations 1 map,
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byPatricia F. O'Grady
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £32.42Trending at £34.99
- £29.29Trending at £33.29
- £7.02Trending at £7.40
- £23.38Trending at £24.99
- £22.91Trending at £24.28
- £6.41Trending at £6.98
- £12.45Trending at £17.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.