All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Roger Scruton
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2016
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note5 halftones. 5 musical examples.
- Weight198 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface vii1 Believing in God 12 Looking for People 273 Looking at the Brain 514 The First-Person Plural 765 Facing Each Other 966 Facing the Earth 1157 The Sacred Space of Music 1408 Seeking God 175Index of Names 199Index of Subjects 203
- Author BiographyRoger Scruton is a writer and philosopher. He is a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, DC, and a senior fellow of the Future Symphony Institute. Among his more than forty books is The Aesthetics of Architecture (Princeton).
- PrizesShort-listed for The Times Literary Supplement 's Books of the Year 2014 and Flavorwire 's 10 Best Books by Academic Publishers 2014 and Scotsman 's Books of the Year 2014.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.