All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdged by the fearsome Empty Quarter to the North, the Arabian Sea to the South and resting on layers of history that stretch back to the dawn of human civilisation, the Hadhramaut is one of the wildest and most remote parts of Arabia, little-changed from when Freya Stark travelled there over 70 years ago.
- Author BiographyFreya Stark (1893-1993), 'the poet of travel', was the doyenne of middle East travel writers. Her travels earned her the title of dame and huge public acclaim. Her many, now classic, books include Traveller's Prelude, Ionia, The Southern Gates of Arabia, Alexander's Path, Dust in the Lion's Paw, East is West and Valleys of the Assassins.
- Author(s)Freya Stark
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Parke Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date17/02/2015
- Content Notemaps
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.17
- £10.75Trending at £13.71
- £3.99Trending at £6.95
- £11.33Trending at £14.47
- £9.97Trending at £10.94
- £4.63Trending at £5.96
- £11.51Trending at £11.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.