Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £4.06Trending at £7.25
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
- £4.95Trending at £8.58
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1806, US Army General James Wilkinson assigned Lieutenant Zebulon Montgomery Pike to explore the headwaters of the Arkansas and Red rivers. Throughout the journey, Pike maintained a journal, describing hardships and the group's daily activities. This edition includes essays on Pike's papers and the purpose of his famed expedition.
- Author BiographyStephen Harding Hart was a prominent Denver attorney and longtime president of the Colorado Historical Society. Archer Butler Hulbert was a professor of history at Colorado College, Colorado Springs, and author of Forty-Niners: The Chronicle of the California Trail. Mark L. Gardner is a professional historian who lives in Cascade, Colorado, and author of Wagons for the Santa Fe Trade (UNM Press).
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note5 halftones, 4 maps
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.