All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.28Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that the collapse of European communism in 1989 should not be identified with a victory for capitalism and makes possible a wholesale reevaluation of democratic politics in the US and abroad. This book examines two hundred years of democratic political life - comparing America's experience as a democracy to that of France.
- Author BiographyDick Howard is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Among his books are The Marxian Legacy (2nd edition), The Birth of American Political Thought, From Marx to Kant (2nd edition), and Political Judgments. He has also published several books in French, most recently La democratie a l'epreuve.
- Author(s)Dick Howard
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2006
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight496 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.