All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the basic tenets and teachings of the Buddha through a selection of essential texts from the Pali canon, the earliest Buddhist scriptures. This title touches upon key themes, including dharma, compassion, meditation, and peace, among others, creating a panoramic view of one of the world's most widely practised faiths.
- Author BiographyMartine Batchelor, a former Buddhist nun, studied Zen Buddhism under the guidance of Kusan Sunim and is the author of Let Go, Women in Korean Zen, Buddhism and Ecology, Principles of Zen, Meditation for Life, and The Path of Compassion: The Bodhisattva Precepts, a translation of the Chinese Brahma's Net Sutra. She lives in France.
- Author(s)Martine Batchelor
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2010
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe Spirit of ...
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight240 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.36Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.74Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.