All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough detailed ethnographic analysis of one conservative and one progressive parish, this book reveals how church metaphors and religious identities matter to parishioners' marriages, childrearing, and work-family balance; connect everyday life with public politics; and unintentionally fragment the Catholic tradition.
- Author BiographyMary Ellen Konieczny is an Assistant Professor of Sociology and Faculty Fellow at the Center for the Study of Religion and Society at the University of Notre Dame. Her research interests revolve around the broad themes of religion and family life and religion in American democracy, and in how culture in local contexts intersect with discourse and politics in the public sphere.
- Author(s)Mary Ellen Konieczny
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £7.69Trending at £8.07
- £10.99Trending at £12.08
- £5.99Trending at £6.16
- £19.99Trending at £27.50
- £22.25Trending at £23.00
- £9.39Trending at £9.49
- £7.64Trending at £8.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.