Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.58
- £10.99Trending at £12.99
- £2.50Trending at £4.17
- £4.99Trending at £9.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reports the results of the first ever multidisciplinary scientific conference dealing with the Star of Bethlehem, presenting the views of renowned specialists in astronomy, the ancient near-eastern and Greco-Roman worlds, and the history of science and religion.
- Author BiographyPeter Barthel (PhD 1984) is Professor of Astrophysics at the Kapteyn Institute of the University of Groningen, researching active galaxies and quasars in the near and distant universe with ground- and space-based telescopes. He has a keen interest in science communication and education, and has won prizes as well as a Royal Distinction for his original efforts in these areas. George van Kooten (PhD 2001) is Professor of New Testament & Early Christianity at the Faculty of Theology & Religious Studies at the University of Groningen, researching the Bible in its historical and cultural context. He holds degrees from the universities of Leiden, Durham and Oxford, and was visiting fellow at the universities of Cambridge (2013-14) and Gottingen (2015).
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleThemes in Biblical Narrative
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1235 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byGeorge H. van Kooten,Peter Barthel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.