Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £16.23
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionA major new perspective on the nature and development of Roman law in the early republic and empire before Christianity was recognized by Constantine. Watson analyses how modes of legal reasoning in sacred law were carried over to private law, where they were often less appropriate, and were passed on to modern legal systems.
- Author BiographyAlan Watson, Distinguished Research Professor and Ernest P. Rogers Chair at the University of Georgia School of Law, is regarded as one of the world's foremost authorities on Roman law, comparative law, legal history, and law and religion.
- Author(s)Alan Watson
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.