Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIn this moving memoir of an unusual childhood John Muir recalls his younger days in mid nineteenth-century Scotland and beyond. Muir charts his family's pioneering years in Wisconsin, where his battles for survival powerfully anticipate the extraordinary career which was to follow.
- Author BiographyRelatively unknown in his native Scotland, John Muir is renowned in the United States as the father of conservation. A friend of presidents and founder of National Parks, Muir was inspired by a love and a vision of nature as remarkable today as it was last century.
- Author(s)John Muir
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication17/06/2013
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.16Trending at £12.55
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.40
- £16.63Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
- £13.31Trending at £17.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.