All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA novel set (like the author's Calm at Sunset, Calm at Dawn ) in the sea-soaked world of Nantucket fishermen - a world of savage beauty, violence and death. Apparently an ordinary seaman, the main character is in fact an East German haunted by his experiences among the Muhadjadin in Afghanistan.
- Author BiographyPaul Watkins was born in 1964. He is the son of Welsh parents and was educated at the Dragon School, at Eton and at Yale. His novels include Night Over Day Over Night, Calm at Sunset, Calm at Dawn, In the Blue Light of African Dreams, The Promise of Night, Archangel, The Story of My Disappearance and The Forger. He has also written about his experiences at public school, in Stand Before Your God. He was shortlisted for the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize in 1992 and 1996, and won the Winifred Holtby Prize for Best Regional Novel of the Year in 1996. He lives in the USA.
- Author(s)Paul Watkins
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/11/1998
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight199 g
- Width126 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.99Trending at £6.81
- £13.80Trending at £16.88
- £4.49Trending at £8.48
- £9.06Trending at £10.42
- £4.50Trending at £7.98
- £4.95Trending at £7.98
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.