All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of the changing fortunes of the Jia dynasty, focussing on Bao-yu, now married to Bao-chai, after the tragic death of his beloved Dai-yu. Against such worldly elements as death, financial ruin, marriage, decadence and corruption, his karmic journey unfolds.
- Author BiographyCao Xueqin (?1715-63) was born into a family which for three generations held the office of Commissioner of Imperial Textiles in Nanking, a family so wealthy they were able to entertain the Emperor four times. However, calamity overtook them and their property was consfiscated. Cao Xueqin was living in poverty when he wrote his famous novel The Story of the Stone.
- Author(s)Xueqin Cao
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/1977
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Translated byDavid Hawkes
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.43
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.52
- £4.93Trending at £8.99
- £4.20Trending at £4.74
- £4.79Trending at £6.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.