All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- Author(s)Ronald Grigor Suny
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight944 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Back to the Future ; Acknowledgements ; Transliteration and Dating ; PART I: REVOLUTION AND CIVIL WAR ; 1. The Revolutions of 1917 ; 2. Civil War, Socialism, and Nationalism ; PART II: RETREAT AND REBUILDING ; 3. Politics, Society, and Culture in the 1920s ; PART III: STALINISM ; 4 The Stalin Revolution ; 5. Dangers and Opportunities: The comintern, World War, and Cold War ; PART IV: REFORM AND STAGNATION ; 6. From Autocracy to Oligarchy ; 7. Stagnation ; PART V: REFORM AND REVOLUTION ; 8. The Road to Revolution ; 9. The Second Russian Republic and the Near Abroad ; 10. Russia and the Former Soviet States in the Twenty-First Century ; 11. Summing Up
- Author BiographyRonald Grigor Suny is Charles Tilly Collegiate Professor of Social and Political History at the University of Michigan and Emeritus Professor of Political Science and History at the University of Chicago. He is the author of several books and dozens of articles, including The Soviet Experiment: Russia, the USSR, and the Successor States, Second Edition (OUP, 2011). He is also the co-editor of A State of Nations: Empire and Nation-Making in the Age of Lenin and Stalin (OUP, 2001) and A Question of Genocide: Armenians and Turks at the End of the Ottoman Empire (OUP, 2012).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.