All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sublime has been considered an archaic concept the relevance of which was limited to eighteenth-century discourses on art, literary criticism and aesthetics.
- Author BiographyLuke White and Claire Pajaczkowska have been researching into the Sublime for some years, as colleagues lecturing in art and design history at Middlesex University. Luke White is Lecturer in Visual Culture and History of Art and Design at Middlesex University, where he also completed his PhD, Damien Hirst and the Legacy of the Sublime in Contemporary Art and Culture, in 2008. Claire Pajaczkowska is Senior Research Tutor at the Royal College of Art where she supervises doctoral research. As Leverhulme Research Fellow into the Sublime and the Transcendent she wrote several essays on the cultures of sublimity. A book Shame and Sexuality: Psychoanalysis and Visual Culture, co edited with Ivan Ward, was published by Routledge in 2008, and an essay 'Tension, Time and Tenderness' in The Virtual and Other Digitalities edited by Griselda Pollock was published by I.B.Taurus 2009.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication11/08/2009
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byClaire Pajaczkowska,Luke White
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.99
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £11.55Trending at £14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.