All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for finding and interviewing for internships, this title addresses the concerns, emotions, needs, and personal challenges that are the essence of an internship or field experience. It focuses on the internship as a vehicle for personal, professional, and civic development.
- Author BiographyH. Frederick Sweitzer is Associate Provost and Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Hartford in Connecticut. Fred has over 30 years' experience in human services as a social worker, administrator, teacher, and consultant. He has placed and supervised undergraduate interns for 20 years and developed the internship seminar at the University of Hartford. Fred brings to his work a strong background in self-understanding, human development, experiential education, service learning, civic engagement, professional education, and group dynamics. He is on the editorial boards for the journals Human Service Education and Human Services Today, and has published widely in the field. Mary A. King, Ed.D. is Professor Emerita at Fitchburg State University where she was faculty and coordinator of field placements in Behavioral Sciences, supervised graduate and undergraduate interns in professional studies and liberal arts programs, and instructed service-learning. She has over 30 years experience working with interns in the field and on campus and brings to her academic work backgrounds in teaching, criminal justice, consultation and counseling psychology, holding several professional licenses. Mary has published in the fields of experiential and human service education and has served on national and regional boards, most recently that of the National Society for Experiential Education, where she currently oversees the NSEE Experiential Education Academy.
- Author(s)H. Sweitzer,Mary King
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight600 g
- Width162 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.09
- £21.70Trending at £22.06
- £22.55Trending at £23.38
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £21.52Trending at £22.49
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.