CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionDiscusses the innermost solar system and the importance of the Sun's energy on orbiting bodies. This volume covers the geological characteristics of Venus in relation to the Sun and the rest of the solar system. It is useful for those interested in understanding the science and history behind the exploration of the three celestial bodies.
- Author BiographyLinda T. Elkins-Tanton, Ph.D., has a doctorate in geology and geophysics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She is an expert on volcanic processes in terrestrial planets, effects of meteorite impacts, early lunar evolution, and the connections between meteorite impacts, flood basalts, and global extinction events. She has been published in the journals Geology, Earth, and Planetary Science Letters; Geophysical Research Letters; and Geochimica et Cosmochimica.
- Author(s)Linda T. Elkins-Tanton
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note35-50 black-&-white photographs & 30-40 line illustrations, index, tables & charts, glossary, further reading, 8-page, full-colour insert
- Weight658 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.