Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £17.69Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
- £13.85Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by books4alluk
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Alzheimer's disease and other brain disorders can interfere with communication skills, this book stimulates remaining abilities and lets you connect in positive ways. Use this book to start a conversation, encourage physical closeness, promote intergenerational exchanges with children, or provide a calming diversion.
- Author BiographyWith a master's degree in Clinical Practices (psychology), Lydia Burdick's career has been in human resources. Since 1993, she has been a consultant at an international outplacement firm. Lydia wrote The Sunshine on My Face in the course of caring for her mother who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. One of my greatest pleasures, she says, was sitting together with my mother and hearing her read the words from this book when she had otherwise stopped speaking almost entirely.
- Author(s)Lydia Burdick
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Width241 mm
- Height279 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jane Freeman
- Edition StatementAnniversary edition
Most relevant reviews
- stotjenn06 Sep, 2016by
Perfect 2 lap book
My friend with dementia really enjoyed it. Writing was big enough for her but content not patronising.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.40
- £13.30Trending at £14.98
- £36.44Trending at £39.48
- £12.06Trending at £12.61
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £18.94Trending at £19.25
- £10.12Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.