All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.28Trending at £16.40
- £13.30Trending at £14.98
- £36.44Trending at £39.48
- £12.06Trending at £12.61
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £18.94Trending at £19.25
- £10.12Trending at £10.38
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the scientific basis of tumors, this book provides up-to-date information on epidemiology, cytogenetics, and molecular biology, before examining current treatments for the full range of pediatric tumors.
- Author BiographyRobert Carachi, MD, PhD, FRCS (Glas), FRCS (Eng), FEBPS, is Professor of Surgical Paediatrics at the University of Glasgow and Head of the Department/Section of Surgical Paediatrics at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow, where he has been an Honorary Consultant and a Paediatric and Neonatal Surgeon since 1987. Dr. Carachi holds various other positions, including Clinical Lead for Paediatric Telemedicine and Chairman of the Steering Committee for Scotland, Scottish Centre for Telehealth. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Scottish Medical Journal and an Editorial Consultant to the Journal of Pediatric Surgery, and has been on the editorial board of the European Journal of Paediatric Surgery since 1996. Dr. Carachi is a past President of the Paediatric Surgical Section of the Union of European Medical Specialists (UEMS) and is Chairman of the Exam Board for the European Board of Paediatric Surgery. Since 2007 he has been Director of the Scottish Spina Bifida Association. He is a visiting professor or lecturer in a wide range of overseas countries. He has authored approximately 150 journal articles and a number of book chapters, and is also an editor or author of 11 previous books. Jay L. Grosfeld, MD, is Lafayette F. Page Professor and Chairman Emeritus at the Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana. He was first appointed Professor and Director of Pediatric Surgery at Indiana University in 1972, and was the first Surgeon-in-Chief of the Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. In 1985 he was appointed Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Indiana University School of Medicine, the first pediatric surgeon in the USA so honored. In 2003, Dr. Grosfeld stepped down from the Chair of Surgery at Indiana University after serving 19 years in that capacity. Dr. Grosfeld has won numerous teaching awards at Indiana University, including the prestigious President's Award. He has served as President of the American Pediatric Surgical Association, President of the Halsted Society, Chairman of the American Board of Surgery, President of the World Federation of Associations of Pediatric Surgeons, and President of the American Surgical Association. He was awarded the Denis Browne Gold Medal by the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons in 1998 and was named Pediatric Surgeon of the Year at the University of Graz, Austria in 2000. In 2002, he received the William E. Ladd Medal from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the highest honor bestowed on a pediatric surgeon in America. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Seminars in Pediatric Surgery, and the renowned two-volume textbook Pediatric Surgery. He has published 490 scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals, 134 book chapters and nine textbooks.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- GenreSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note200 Tables, color; 172 Illustrations, color; 225 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 770 p. 397 illus., 172 illus. in color.
- Weight2361 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byJay L. Grosfeld,Robert Carachi
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.