All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tour de force: a darkly erotic work that centres on the friendship of William Beckwith, a young gay aristocrat who leads a life of privilege and promiscuity, and the elderly Lord Nantwich, who is searching for someone to write his biography.
- Author BiographyAlan Hollinghurst was born in 1954. He is the author of one of the most highly praised first novels to appear in the 1980s, The Swimming-Pool Library (1988), and was selected as one of the Best Young British Novelists 1993. His second novel, The Folding Star, won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize and was shortlisted for the 1994 Booker Prize. He has since written The Spell and The Line of Beauty, which won the Man Booker Prize in 2004. He was on the staff of the Times Literary Supplement from 1982 to 1995.
- Author(s)Alan Hollinghurst
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date13/06/2015
- Weight247 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £5.34Trending at £7.67
- £9.78Trending at £10.91
- £21.95Trending at £22.77
- £3.44Trending at £4.49
- £8.49Trending at £8.67
- £10.43Trending at £11.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.