All listings for this product
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.68Trending at £7.23
- £6.89Trending at £7.98
- £6.49Trending at £8.12
- £28.12Trending at £29.56
- £38.07Trending at £39.98
- £32.31Trending at £34.89
- £29.70Trending at £30.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sword and the Scales is the first in-depth and comprehensive study of attitudes and behaviors of the United States toward major international courts and tribunals.
- Author BiographyCesare P. R. Romano is Associate Professor of Law at Loyola Law School Los Angeles. He holds degrees in three different disciplines (political science, international relations and law) from three countries (Italy, Switzerland and the United States), and is a polyglot. His scholarship and teaching reflect the variety of his background. His expertise is in public international law, and in particular dispute settlement, international environmental law, international human rights and international criminal and humanitarian law, but he has also substantial background in diplomatic history and economics (macro). However, it is probably the field international courts and tribunals where he has made to date the greatest contribution, publishing numerous articles and four books. In 1997, he co-funded the Project on International Courts and Tribunals (www.pict-pcti.org), a joint undertaking of the Center on International Cooperation, New York University, and the Centre for International Courts and Tribunals at University College London, becoming a world-renowned authority in the field of law and practice of international courts and tribunals. He has directed PICT's American side since. Before joining Loyola Law School, Professor Romano taught or lectured in a number of institutions in the U.S. and Europe.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2009
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight700 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCesare P. R. Romano
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.