CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.99Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.62Trending at £9.93
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight569 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRoy M. Mendelsohn
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
- Table Of Contents1. Body Ego Experience and the Nuclear Self: The Onset of Unconscious Perception.- Clinical Material.- The Effect of Empathic Responsiveness and Empathic Failures upon Unconscious Perceptions.- The Nuclear Self-A Definition.- The Background Object of Primary Identification and Its Significance for the Nuclear Self.- Qualities of Goodness and Badness and Their Representation in the Nuclear Self.- The Part Self-Representations of Goodness.- The Part Self-Representations of Badness.- The Consolidation of the Representations of the Self and the Development of Consensual Validation.- Splitting as a Translocation of Perception.- The Self with Object Qualities and the Object with Self-Qualities.- Discussion.- 2. The Qualities of Perceptual Experience and Object Impressions: The Self- and Object Representational Systems.- Clinical Material.- The Conditions for Establishing a System of Object Representations.- The Initial Object Impressions and Their Further Representation.- The Representations of the Good Object.- The Representations of the Bad Object.- The Interrelationship of the Self- and Object Representational Systems.- The Process of Separation-Individuation.- The Bipolar Self: The Introjective and Projective Arms of Perception.- Discussion.- 3. Libido as Object Seeking and the Mechanism of Splitting: An Integration of Libidinal and Object Relations Theory.- Clinical Material.- The Nature of Perceptual Activity in the Nuclear State.- The Original Object for Libidinal Representation.- The Developmental Significance of Splitting.- The Foundation for Processes of Internalization and the Relationship to Splitting.- Libido as Object Seeking.- Discussion.- 4. Separation-Individuation: The Formation of New Psychic Structures.- Clinical Material.- Preparing for Separation-Individuation: The Healing of Splits within the Ego and the Consolidation of Object Impressions.- The Object Representational System.- The Process of Separation-Individuation: The Development of the Eye of Consciousness and the Function of Self-Observation.- The Development of the First Fixation Point.- The Formation of New Structure.- The Interrelationship between Perception and Structure Formation.- Discussion.- 5. The Onset of Cohesiveness: The Formationand Function of the Grandiose Self and the Ego Ideal.- Clinical Material.- The Self with Object Qualities.- The Object with Self-Qualities.- The Expansion of the Self- and Object Representations into Functional Systems.- The Formation of the First Fixation Point: The Onset of Cohesiveness.- The Formation of Unifying and Differentiating Structures: The Grandiose Self and Ego Ideal.- The Formation of Perceptual Boundaries within the Self: The Superego Eye.- A Brief Look to the Future: The Relationship of Cohesiveness to the Oedipal Conflict.- Discussion.- 6. The Pregenital Phases of Psychosexual Development: The Evolution of Focused Perceptual Functions and Boundaries and the Preconditions forthe Establishment of an Oedipal Conflict.- Clinical Material.- The Self-System of Representation in the Pregenital Phases of Psychosexual Development.- The Whole Good Self.- The Whole Bad Self.- The Object System of Representations in the Pregenital Phases of Psychosexual Development.- The Whole Good Object.- The Whole Bad Object.- The Influence of Varied Objects.- The Original Transitional Object and the Creation of Transitional Space.- The Evolution of Varied Systems of Consciousness.- The Emergence of Repression Proper as the Primary Defense of the Ego.- The Structure and Significance of Castration Anxiety.- The Preconditions Necessary for the Elaboration of an Oedipal Conflict.- An Introduction to the Organizing Influence of the Genital Oedipal Constellation and Its Resolution.- Discussion.- 7. The Oedipal Conflict as a Psychic Organizer.- Clinical Material.- The Shift from Narcissism to Object Relatedness.- The Relationship of Castration Anxiety to the Emerging Oedipal Constellation.- The Oedipal Situation.- The Relationshi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.