All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.56Trending at £18.13
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £19.54Trending at £21.20
- £7.81Trending at £11.06
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
- £17.29Trending at £22.26
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the lessons of World Class Learners this new series will show educators at all levels what it takes to help students be more insightful, creative, communicative, technically skilled, and decisive.
- Author BiographyYong Zhao currently serves as the Presidential Chair and Director of the Institute for Global and Online Education in the College of Education, University of Oregon, where he is also a Professor in the Department of Educational Measurement, Policy, and Leadership. He is also a professorial fellow at the Mitchell Institute for Health and Education Policy, Victoria University. His works focus on the implications of globalization and technology on education. He has published over 100 articles and 20 books, including Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Dragon: Why China has the Best (and Worst) Education System in the World, Catching Up or Leading the Way: American Education in the Age of Globalization and World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students. He is a recipient of the Early Career Award from the American Educational Research Association and was named one of the 2012 10 most influential people in educational technology by the Tech & Learn Magazine. He is an elected fellow of the International Academy for Education. His latest book World Class Learners has won several awards including the Society of Professors of Education Book Award (2013), Association of Education Publishers' (AEP) Judges' Award and Distinguished Achievement Award in Education Leadership(2013). See flyers for Zhao's books . Homa Sabet Tavangar is the author of Growing Up Global: Raising Children to Be At Home in the World (Random House, 2009), lead author of The Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners (Corwin, 2014), and contributor to Mastering Global Literacy, by Heidi Hayes-Jacobs, ed. (Solution Tree, Nov. 2013). Growing Up Global has been hailed by national education and business leaders and media ranging from Dr. Jane Goodall to the BBC, NPR, NBC, ABC, Washington Post.com, Chicago Tribune and Sun-Times, Boston Globe, PBS, Scholastic, Parents Magazine, Rodale, and many more. Homa's work is sparking initiatives to help audiences from CEOs to Kindergartners learn and thrive in a global context - and have fun along the way. She is the Series Consultant to NBC TV's original production of the animated children's series Nina's World, has served as Education Advisor to the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, and as a Visiting Scholar at the University of Pennsylvania; she is a contributing writer for the Huffington Post, PBS, Momsrising, GOOD, Ashoka's Start Empathy, National Geographic and Edutopia, among other media, and is a sought-after speaker and trainer around globalization and global citizenship, parenting, globalizing curriculum, empathy, diversity and inclusion. Homa spent 20 years working in global competitiveness, organizational, business and international development with hundreds of businesses, non-profits, and public organizations, before turning her attention to global education. She has lived on three continents, is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of UCLA and Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. She speaks four languages and her religious heritage includes four of the world's major faiths. Passionate around issues of opportunity and equality for women and girls, she has worked on these issues for private companies and the World Bank, and served on various non-profit Boards, including, currently on the Board and Executive Committee of the Tahirih Justice Center, a national leader protecting immigrant women and girls fleeing violence. She is married and the mother of three daughters. Emily McCarren is the High School Principal at the Punahou School in Honolulu Hawaii, the largest single campus K-12 independent school in the United States. Originally from Vermont, McCarren graduated from Colby College in Maine where she majored in Spanish and Biology, and was a two-sport athlete, captaining the alpine ski team and lacrosse team. She holds two master's degrees: in Spanish Literature from the Saint Louis University's Madrid campus and in Educational Leaders
- Author(s)Emily E. McCarren,Gabriel F. Rshaid,Homa Sabet Tavangar,Kay F. Tucker,Yong Zhao
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.