All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.21Trending at £7.34
- £7.43Trending at £9.07
- £3.89Trending at £5.93
- £6.35Trending at £6.57
- £12.21Trending at £12.67
- £9.98Trending at £13.99
- £12.58Trending at £14.88
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the canonization through translation of The Tale of Genji from the 1830s to the 1950s, Michael Emmerich rewrites the early modern and modern history of the work, illuminating the intricate process by which it came to be recognized as a classic of both Japanese and world literature.
- Author BiographyMichael Emmerich is associate professor of Japanese literature and cultural studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the editor of Read Real Japanese Fiction: Short Stories by Contemporary Writers and New Penguin Parallel Text: Short Stories in Japanese.
- Author(s)Michael Emmerich
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note129
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.