Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £14.12Trending at £16.49
- £24.99Trending at £25.72
- £20.42Trending at £23.87
- £14.58Trending at £18.15
- £4.60Trending at £4.99
- £5.25Trending at £9.97
- £28.43Trending at £31.47
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the canonization through translation of The Tale of Genji from the 1830s to the 1950s, Michael Emmerich rewrites the early modern and modern history of the work, illuminating the intricate process by which it came to be recognized as a classic of both Japanese and world literature.
- Author BiographyMichael Emmerich is associate professor of Japanese literature and cultural studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the editor of Read Real Japanese Fiction: Short Stories by Contemporary Writers and New Penguin Parallel Text: Short Stories in Japanese.
- Author(s)Michael Emmerich
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note129 Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight737 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.