All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Talented Mr Ripley is one of the most influential, groundbreaking crime novels ever written. To mark the novel's 60th anniversary, we are adding it to the VMC Designer Hardback series.
- Author BiographyPatricia Highsmith (1921-1995) was born in Fort Worth, Texas, and moved to New York when she was six, where she attended the Julia Richman High School and Barnard College. In her senior year she edited the college magazine, having decided at the age of sixteen to become a writer. Her first novel, Strangers on a Train, was made into a classic film by Alfred Hitchcock in 1951. The Talented Mr Ripley, published in 1955, introduced the fascinating anti-hero Tom Ripley, and was made into an Oscar-winning film in 1999 by Anthony Minghella. Graham Greene called Patricia Highsmith 'the poet of apprehension', saying that she 'created a world of her own - a world claustrophobic and irrational which we enter each time with a sense of personal danger' and The Times named her no.1 in their list of the greatest ever crime writers. Patricia Highsmith died in Locarno, Switzerland, in February 1995. Her last novel, Small g: A Summer Idyll, was published posthumously, the same year.
- Author(s)Patricia Highsmith
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleVMC Designer Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight496 g
- Width152 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction byJohn Sutherland
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £34.99Trending at £38.97
- £28.89Trending at £32.11
- £3.79Trending at £6.29
- £8.08Trending at £8.98
- £12.12Trending at £13.03
- £14.04Trending at £17.33
- £4.49Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.