Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes papers from two pioneering child analysts, presented in four sections: Clinical Papers on the Psychoanalysis of Children and Adults; Papers on Child Development and the Family; Papers on Infant Observation; Papers on Training in Child Psychotherapy and Psycho-analysis.
- Author BiographyEsther Bick was born in Poland. She found her way to Switzerland during the Second World War, where she did her Ph.D. under Charlotte Buhler before moving to England to train as a psycho-analyst. She worked closely with Melanie Klein and initiated the Child Psychotherapy Training at the Tavistock Clinic which Martha Harris continued to nurture following her retirement. Martha Harris (1919-1987) read English at University College London and then Psychology at Oxford. She taught in a Froebel Teacher Training College and was trained as a Psychologist at Guys Hospital, as a Child Psychotherapist at the Tavistock Clinic, where she was for many years responsible for the child psychotherapy training in the department of Children and Families, and as a Psychoanalyst at the British Institute of Psychoanalysis. Together with her first husband Roland Harris (a teacher) she started a pioneering schools counselling service. With her second husband Donald Meltzer she wrote a psychoanalytical model of 'The Child in the Family in the Community' for multidisciplinary use in schools and therapeutic units. Meg Harris Williams, a writer and artist, studied English at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford and art at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence, and has had a lifelong psychoanalytic education. She has written and lectured extensively in the UK and abroad on psychoanalysis and literature, and teaches at the Tavistock Centre in London, and the University of Surrey. She is married with four children and lives in Farnham, Surrey.
- Author(s)Esther Bick,Martha Harris
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Harris Meltzer Trust Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight635 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMeg Harris Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.