Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.56Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.20
- £14.56Trending at £17.05
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
- £17.28Trending at £22.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis yearly planner provides a weekly calendar with room for goals and to-do lists, 365 ideas for your professional and personal life, and more!
- Author BiographyMary Zabolio McGrath taught in the Bloomington, MN, public schools for 31 years, working as a classroom teacher, a demonstration teacher with the Project Read program, and as a special education teacher in the areas of learning disabilities, behavior disorders, and developmental delay. She has served as national secretary for the Council for Behavior Disorders and on the board of the Minnesota Council for Exceptional Children. McGrath has written articles for educators, parents, caregivers, and the general public. In addition, she has authored/coauthored books on educational subjects. Currently McGrath works as a professional speaker, working with schools, parents, and organizations to reflect on and improve the quality of career relationships and life transitions. She is a member of the National Speakers Association and Toastmasters International. McGrath has a doctorate from the University of Minnesota in educational administration, with collateral work in organizational communication. She earned a master's degree in educational psychology. Beverley Holden Johns brings her 35 years of experience working with students with learning disabilities (LD) and/or behavioral disorders (EBD) within the public schools to her current post as learning and behavior consultant and an adjunct instructor for MacMurray College, where she teaches the course on special education law, adaptations for the general education classroom, and EBD. Johns is the lead author of ten books (and co-author of another) including Reduction of School Violence: Alternatives to Suspension, Techniques for Managing Verbally and Physically Aggressive Students, Surviving Internal Politics Within the School, Safe Schools, Teacher's Reflective Calendar and Planning Journal, Effective Curriculum and Instruction for Students with Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, Students with Disabilities and General Education: A Desktop Reference for School Personnel, Getting Behavioral Interventions Right, Preparing Test-Resistant Students for Assessments: A Staff Training Guide, The Ethical Educator, and Motivating the Unmotivated Student. She has written a workbook to accompany a video for paraprofessionals entitled The Paraprofessional's Guide to Managing Student Behavior and over 40 articles. She is co-author with Janet Lerner of the seminal college LD textbook, the 11th edition of Learning Disabilities and Related Mild Disabilities, and they are currently working on a college textbook on Students with Special Needs in General Education: Practical Adaptations and Teaching Strategies. She is the 2000 recipient of the CEC Outstanding Leadership Award from the International Council for Exceptional Children, Past International President (and current board member) of the Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders, and the 2007 Recipient of the Romaine P. Mackie Leadership Service Award. Johns is listed in Who's Who in America, Who's Who of American Women, Who's Who in American Education and Who's Who Among America's Teachers.
- Author(s)Beverley H. Johns,Mary Zabolio McGrath
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/05/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.