Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £13.69Trending at £14.47
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionExamines how modern Orthodox Christian thinkers have answered political, legal, and ethical questions. This book discusses the teachings of Orthodox Christian intellectuals of the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. It also underscores the various ways Orthodox Christian intellectuals have shaped modern debates over the family and society.
- Author BiographyJohn Witte Jr. is the Jonas Robitscher Professor of Law and Director of the Center for the Study of Law and Religion at Emory University. He has published 120 articles and 20 books, including Law and Protestantism: The Legal Teachings of the Lutheran Reformation and The Reformation of Rights: Law, Religion, and Human Rights in Early Modern Calvinism. Frank S. Alexander is Professor of Law and Founding Director of the Center for the Study of Law and Religion at Emory University. He has published a dozen volumes, including The Weightier Matters of the Law: Essays on Law and Religion.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2007
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note0 halftones, 0 color illus., 0 line drawings, 0 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJohn Witte,Jr.
- Introduction byFrank S. Alexander
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.