All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcerned in part with the act of collecting, this work is a collection of exemplary art objects. It reveals the object as the self's ultimate other. The author weaves together philosophical and psychoanalytical theory with artistic practice. He examines what is left over - debris and waste - and asks what art can make of these.
- Author BiographyPeter Schwenger is professor of English at Mount St. Vincent University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He is the author of Fantasm and Fiction: On Textual Envisioning, Letter Bomb: Nuclear Holocaust and the Exploding Word, and Phallic Critiques: Masculinity and Twentieth-Century Literature.
- Author(s)Peter Schwenger
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Note15 halftones, 10 colour photos, 3 line art
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.79
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £11.66
- £14.25Trending at £14.96
- £16.59Trending at £25.25
- £22.22Trending at £23.47
- £10.38Trending at £10.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.