Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.70Trending at £14.52
- £25.40Trending at £26.99
- £23.28Trending at £29.99
- £9.28Trending at £17.50
- £22.37Trending at £25.66
About this product
- DescriptionThrough interviews with over 300 teachers and administrators in the US, this text examines whether state writing tests do what they are supposed to do - improve educational systems. It argues most existing tests actually have a harmful effect on the way students are taught.
- Author BiographyGeorge Hillocks, Jr. is Professor in the Department of English Language and Literature at the University of Chicago. He was awarded the David H. Russell Award from the National Council of Teacher Educators for Distinguished Research in the Teaching of English for his 1997 book Teaching Writing as Reflective Practice.
- Author(s)George Hillocks
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Out-of-print date12/11/2014
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.