All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £89.09
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £14.57Trending at £22.88
- £16.56Trending at £20.20
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the perfect gift for every stargazer.
- Author BiographyDR PAUL G. ABEL is an astronomer, mathematician and a co-presenter on the BBC's The Sky at Night. Paul has written for many popular astronomy magazines promoting amateur astronomy and the science that amateurs can contribute to the field. He regularly gives talks to various astronomical societies and speaks at astronomical events. Paul has an observatory in his garden (or converted garden shed, to give it its real name), which houses his telescope. From there he makes frequent observations of the Moon and the planets. He is a visual observer and prefers to draw what he sees and records his own observations in log books. Dr Abel is currently an Astronomer in the Department of Physics & Astronomy at the University of Leicester, where he teaches and looks into the mysteries of Hawking Radiation. He trained as a mathematician, and his PhD is in an area of Theoretical Physics concerned with evaporating black holes. Paul is currently assistant director of the Saturn section of the British Astronomical Association, and a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society.
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 0 to 0 years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.