All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAnne J. Adelman,Kerry L. Malawista
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsContentsAcknowledgmentsList of Contributors Another Kind of Sorrow, a poem by Judy BolzPrefaceIntroductionPart I. The Therapist's Experience of Loss1. From the Faraway Nearby: Perspectives on the Integration of Loss, by Kerry L. Malawista and Linda Kanefield2. Experiences of Loss at the End of Analysis: The Analyst's Response to Termination, by Judith Viorst3. Missing Myself, by Sandra BuechlerPart II. When a Patient Dies4. The Hand of Fate: On Mourning the Death of a Patient, by Anne J. Adelman5. Little Boy Lost, by Arlene Kramer Richards6. When a Patient Dies: Reflections on the Death of Three Patients, by Sybil Houlding7. When What We Have to Offer Isn't Enough: Suicide in Clinical Practice, by Catherine L. AndersonPart III. At the Crossroads of the Therapist's Personal and Professional Worlds8. When the Frame Shifts: A Multilayered Perspective on Illness in the Therapist, by Jenifer Nields9. The Loss of an Institution: Mourning Chestnut Lodge, by Richard M. Waugaman10. The Death of the Analyst, the Death of the Analytic Community, and Bad Conduct, by Robert M. Galatzer-Levy11. The Analyst's Death-Apprehension yet not Comprehension, by Barbara StimmelPart IV. When Disaster Strikes a Community12. Broken Promises, Shattered Dreams, Wordless Endings, by Sylvia J. Schneller13. What the Living Did: September 11 and Its Aftermath, by Billie A. Pivnick14. The Loss of Normal: Ten Years as a U.S. Navy Physician Since 9/11, by Russell B. Carr15. Time, by Robert WinerConclusion The Five Stages of Grief, a poem by Linda PastanIndex
- Author BiographyAnne J. Adelman is a clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst with the Contemporary Freudian Society. She is a faculty member of the New Directions Writing Program and maintains a private practice in Chevy Chase, Maryland. With Kerry L. Malawista and Catherine L. Anderson, she is the author of Wearing My Tutu to Analysis and Other Stories: Learning Psychodynamic Concepts from Life.Kerry L. Malawista is a training/supervising analyst with the Contemporary Freudian Society. She is co-chair of the New Directions Writing Program and is in private practice in Potomac, Maryland, and McLean, Virginia. With Anne J. Adelman and Catherine L. Anderson, she is the author of Wearing My Tutu to Analysis and Other Stories: Learning Psychodynamic Concepts from Life.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.38
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.