Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.99
- £21.14Trending at £24.98
- £15.56Trending at £17.98
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £7.81Trending at £10.98
- £17.29Trending at £22.26
About this product
- DescriptionOur traditional image of Chicago is such a powerful shaper of the city's identity that many of its closest observers fail to notice that a new Chicago has emerged over the years. The author tackles some of our more commonly held ideas about the Windy City - inherited from such icons as Theodore Dreiser, Carl Sandburg, Robert Park, and Mike Royko.
- Author BiographyLarry Bennett is professor of political science at DePaul University. He is the author or coauthor of numerous books, including Fragments of Cities: The New American Downtowns and Neighborhoods, Neighborhood Politics: Chicago and Sheffield, and It's Hardly Sportin': Stadiums, Neighborhoods, and the New Chicago.
- Author(s)Larry Bennett
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleChicago Visions and Revisions
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note6 halftones
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.