All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Times for over 150 years has been providing the most respected and perceptive verdicts on the lives of outstanding individuals. The Times Great Military Lives is an authoritative and fascinating collection of obituaries depicting the great military commanders of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Author BiographyWilliam Hague is the best-selling author of William Pitt the Younger, published in 2004 to rapturous reviews and was chosen as History Book of the Year in the British Book Awards. At Oxford, he was President of both the Union and the University Conservative Association. He has been MP for Richmond, Yorkshire since 1989. He joined the Cabinet in 1995 as Secretary of State for Wales, and was leader of the Conservative Party from June 1997 to June 2001. He is now Shadow Foreign Secretary. After a decade as a freelance writer, editor, lecturer and translator, Ian Brunskill joined The Times in 1991. He became Obituaries Editor in 1999, and, in addition, Letters Editor in 2005; he also edits the paper's Saturday Faith page of religious features and news. He is editor of The Times Great Lives (2005) and The Times Great Victorian Lives (2007).
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTimes Books
- Out-of-print date08/10/2010
- Weight498 g
- Width144 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byGuy Liardet,Michael Tillotson
- Foreword byWilliam Hague
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.64Trending at £15.30
- £4.50Trending at £4.76
- £4.68Trending at £4.80
- £10.12Trending at £12.99
- £4.39Trending at £5.99
- £8.54Trending at £9.98
- £18.79Trending at £24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.