Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £38.40Trending at £51.99
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.45Trending at £6.29
- £6.41Trending at £6.98
- £3.99Trending at £5.50
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.90Trending at £6.80
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Hanoi to Saigon, a tale of one woman's search for a better life - and a thriller that strikes to the merciless heart of the real Vietnam.
- Author BiographyLucy Cruickshanks' love of travel inspires her writing. A great fan of the underdog, she's drawn to countries with troubled recent histories, writing about periods of time when societies are at their most precarious and fraught with risk. She's fascinated by their uniqueness and moral ambiguity, and in capturing the people who must navigate them. Her debut novel, The Trader of Saigon, began life after she sat beside a man on a flight who made his fortune selling women. It was shortlisted for the Authors' Club Best First Novel Award and the Guardian Not The Booker Prize, longlisted for the Waverton Goodread Award and named a Top Ten Book of 2013 by The Bookbag. Lucy was born in 1984 and raised in Cornwall, UK. She holds a BA in Politics and Philosophy from the University of Warwick and an MA in Creative Writing from Bath Spa University. She lives on the south coast of England and divides her time between writing and caring for her young family.
- PrizesShort-listed for Authors' Club Best First Novel Award 2014 and Not the Booker Prize 2013.
- Author(s)Lucy Cruickshanks
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeron Books
- Weight184 g
- Width142 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.