All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- Author(s)Silke-Maria Weineck
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- GenreLiterary Theory
- Series TitleNew Directions in German Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsSection I: Freud's Fatherhood I One Revenants Section II: The Tragic Father Two The Laius Complex Three Oedipus Pater Four I Must Do What I've Been Told : Abraham and the Conditions of Paternity Section III: The Political Father Five Aristotle and the Body of the Father Six Paternity and the Perfect City Seven Hobbes: The End of the Paternal Triad Section IV: The Rise of the Son Eight I Will Be King No More : Lessing's Philotas and the Abdication of the Father Nine Kleist: Paternal Resurrections Section V: Freud's Fatherhood II Ten The Gschnas, or the Path to the Fatherless Society Conclusion Dead Children Bibliography
- Author BiographySilke-Maria Weineck is Chair of Comparative Literature and Professor of German Studies and Comparative Literature at the University of Michigan, USA. She is the author of The Abyss Above: Philosophy and Poetic Madness in Plato, Holderlin, and Nietzsche (2002).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.