Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.41Trending at £35.00
- £27.00Trending at £39.33
- £22.86Trending at £29.95
- £24.49Trending at £34.45
- £24.47Trending at £36.53
- £17.32Trending at £17.73
- £11.79Trending at £14.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe transatlantic slave trade played a major role in the development of the modern world. It both gave birth to and resulted from the shift from feudalism into the European Commercial Revolution. This book covers the economics, demography, epidemiology, and politics of the trade.
- Author BiographyJames A. Rawley (1916-2005) was Carl Adolph Happold Professor of History, emeritus, at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is the author of several books, including Turning Points of the Civil War and Abraham Lincoln and a Nation Worth Fighting For, both available in Bison Books editions. Stephen D. Behrendt is a senior lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington. He has coauthored a data archive of 27,233 slave voyages, The Transatlantic Slave Trade: A Database on CD-ROM.
- Author(s)James A. Rawley,Stephen D. Behrendt
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus., maps
- Weight840 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.