All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the revolutions in military affairs and the transformation of Peace Support Operations (PSOs), those operations with major state-building components that demand broad and coherent cooperation between military forces and civilian entities. This work links the changes in armed forces to PSOs.
- Author BiographyDr. Kobi Michael is an assistant professor at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and senior research fellow at the Jerusalem Institute for Israel Studies. He has previously served as a senior advisor at the Israeli National Security Council and in addition to his position at Ben-Gurion University he lectures at Tel-Aviv University, the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya, and the Israeli National Defense College. Dr. Michael is a recipient of the Tshetshik Prize (2005) and the Yariv Award (2002). His most recent book is Between Militarism and Statesmanship in Israel. Dr. Michael has edited five books about peacekeeping operations and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and has published more than 30 articles and monographs about civil-military relations, peacekeeping operations, security cooperation and Jerusalem's future political status. David Kellen is the Israeli Coordinator of the Strategic Affairs Unit at the Israel-Palestine Center for Research and Information. David holds an MA in Conflict Analysis from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Together with Kobi Michael, he has published several articles on peacekeeping in the Israeli-Palestinian context and has co-edited Stabilizing the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Considerations for a Multinational Peace Support Operation (2007). Eyal Ben-Ari is Professor in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has carried out research in Japan, Israel, and Singapore on white collar communities, early childhood education, business expatriates, the Israeli and Japanese militaries and peacekeeping forces. His previous publications include Body Projects in Japanese Childcare (1997), Mastering Soldiers (1998), Rethinking the Sociology of Combat: Israel's Combat Units in the Al-Aqsa Intifada (with Zev Lehrer, Uzi Ben Shalom-, and Ariel Vainer) (2008). Among his recent edited books are The Military and Militarism in Israeli Society (with Edna Lomsky-Feder) (2000), War, Politics and Society in Israel (with Daniel Maman and Zeev Rosenhek) (2001), and Echoes of Partition (with Smita Jassal) 2006).
- Author(s)David Kellen,Eyal Ben-Ari,Kobi Michael
- Date of Publication20/03/2009
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitlePraeger Security International
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Security International
- Content Note11 illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.