All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.63Trending at £9.09
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitlePalgrave Macmillan Transnational History Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight478 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDon H. Doyle,Jorg Nagler,Marcus Graser
- Table Of Contents.Introduction: The Electric Chain of Transnational History Jorg Nagler, Don Doyle and Marcus Graser.- .Chapter 1 Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Seas?: Civil War Statecraft and the Liberal Quest for Oceanic Order Robert Bonner.- .Chapter 2 The American Civil War and the Transatlantic Triumph of Volitional Citizenship Paul Quigley.- .Chapter 3 Lincoln as the Great Educator: Opinion and Educative Liberalism in the Civil War Era Leslie Butler.- .Chapter 4 Southern Wealth, Global Profits: Cotton, Economic Culture, and the Coming of the Civil War Brian Schoen.- .Chapter 5 International Finance in the Civil War Era Jay Sexton.- .Chapter 6 Uprooted Emancipators: Transatlantic Abolitionism and the Politics of Belonging Mischa Honeck,.- .Chapter 7 Africa and the American Civil War: The Geopolitics of Freedom and the Production of Commons Andrew Zimmerman.- .,Chapter 8 The United States, Italy, and the Tribulations of the Liberal Nation Tiziano Bonazzi.- .Chapter 9 Nation-Building, Civil War, and Social Revolution in the Confederate South and the Italian Mezzogiorno, 1860-1865 Enrico Dal Lago.- .Chapter 10 Race and Revolution: The Confederacy, Mexico, and the Problem of Southern Nationalism Andre M. Fleche.-. Chapter 11 Tocqueville's Prophecy: The United States and the Caribbean, 1850-1871 Nicholas Guyatt.- .Chapter 12 Reconstructing Plantation Dominance in British Honduras: Race and Subjection in the Age of Emancipation Zach Sell.
- Author BiographyJorg Nagler is Senior Professor of North American History at Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany. He has written extensively on nineteenth and twentieth century U.S. history, with a particular focus on war and society, comparative and transnational history. His publications include On the Road to Total War: The American Civil War and the German Wars of Unification, 1861-1871 (co-edited with Stig Forster). Don H. Doyle is McCausland Professor of History at the University of South Carolina, USA. He is the author of The Cause of All Nations: An International History of the American Civil War and several other publications dealing with the US and the world during the nineteenth century. Marcus Graser is Professor of Modern and Contemporary History at Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria, where he has taught since 2011. His main areas of interest are American and Central European History (in comparative perspective). He is presently preparing the volume on North America in the series Neue Fischer Weltgeschichte .
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.