Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the cultural context and wider social impact of such medical imaging practices as X ray and endoscopy, ultrasound imaging of fetuses, the filming and broadcasting of surgical operations, the creation of plastinated corpses for display as art objects, and the use of digitized cadavers in anatomical study.
- Author BiographyJose van Dijck is professor of media and culture and chair of the Media Studies Department, University of Amsterdam. She is the author of Imagenation: Popular Images of Genetics and Manufacturing Babies and Public Consent: Debating the New Reproductive Technologies.
- Author(s)Jose van Dijck
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleIn Vivo
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note20 illus.
- Weight391 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.