All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransplanting International Courts: The Law and Politics of the Andean Tribunal of Justice provides a deep, systematic investigation of the most active and successful transplant of the European Court of Justice. The Andean Tribunal is effective by any plausible definition of the term, but only in the domain of intellectual property law.
- Author BiographyKaren J. Alter, is a Professor of Political Science and Law at Northwestern University, permanent visiting professor at the iCourts Center for Excellence, and co-director Research Group on Global Capitalism and Law. Winner of the Berlin Prize and a Guggenheim fellow, Alter is author of the award-winning The New Terrain of International Law: Courts, Politics, Rights (Princeton University Press, 2014), The European Courts Political Power (OUP, 2009) and Establishing the Supremacy of European Law (OUP, 2001) and more than forty-five articles and book chapters on international law. Alter is member of the New York Council on Foreign Relations, the Executive Committee of the American Society of International Law, and serves on the editorial boards of the journals International Organization, the American Journal of International Law, International Studies Review, Law and Social Inquiry, and the Journal of International Dispute Settlement. Laurence R. Helfer is the Harry R. Chadwick, Sr. Professor of Law, co-director of the Center for International and Comparative Law, and a Senior Fellow with the Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke University. He also serves as a Permanent Visiting Professor at the iCourts: Center of Excellence for International Courts at the University of Copenhagen, which awarded him an honorary doctorate in 2014. Professor Helfer has coauthored three books and more than seventy scholarly articles on his diverse research interests relating to the interdisciplinary analysis of international laws and institutions, which include international courts and tribunals, treaty design, international human rights, and international intellectual property law. He is a member of the Board of Editors of the American Journal of International Law and the Journal of World Intellectual Property.
- Author(s)Karen J. Alter,Laurence R. Helfer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2017
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Courts and Tribunals Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight662 g
- Width178 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.30Trending at £8.99
- £14.99Trending at £26.17
- £38.06Trending at £39.99
- £25.46Trending at £26.17
- £10.00Trending at £11.43
- £29.78Trending at £31.49
- £29.30Trending at £35.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.