All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.38Trending at £5.49
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.08Trending at £9.24
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £13.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionContending that even at its best patriotism subverts the democracy it purports to value, this book turns to patriotism's defenders to show how they must jettison democracy to champion patriotism. Drawing from various aspects of American political and popular culture, this book presents examples to disclose patriotism's self-defeating character.
- Author BiographySteven Johnston is Associate Professor in the Department of Government and International Affairs at the University of South Florida. He is the author of Encountering Tragedy: Rousseau and the Project of Democratic Order.
- Author(s)Steven Johnston
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.