All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Truthful Art is an introduction to quantitative thinking and statistical and cartographical representation written specifically for journalists and designers. A follow-up to The Functional Art, it goes into the specifics of how to create functional charts, maps, and graphs.
- Author BiographyAlberto Cairo is the Knight Chair in Visual Journalism at the School of Communication of the University of Miami (UM), where he heads specializations in infographics and data visualization. He's also director of the visualization program of UM's Center for Computational Science, and Visualization Innovator-in-Residence at Univision. Cairo is the author of the books Infografia 2.0: Visualizacion interactiva de informacion en prensa, published exclusively in Spain in 2008, and The Functional Art: An Introduction to Information Graphics and Visualization (New Riders, 2012.) Over the past two decades, Cairo has been director of infographics and visualization at news organizations in Spain and Brazil, in addition to consulting with companies and educational institutions in more than 20 countries. You can find Cairo at www.thefunctionalart.com or on Twitter, where he is @albertocairo.
- Author(s)Alberto Cairo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintNew Riders Publishing
- Weight732 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.56
- £20.95Trending at £21.65
- £22.95Trending at £23.26
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £40.79
- £42.67Trending at £47.49
- £20.65Trending at £21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.