All listings for this product
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £8.99Trending at £10.86
- £12.72Trending at £18.99
- £9.33Trending at £9.99
- £9.77Trending at £11.03
- £8.02Trending at £13.88
- £8.19Trending at £8.42
- £7.21Trending at £7.47
About this product
- DescriptionThis objective study examines the many-sided Tunguska phenomenon, the explosive event in the USSR that cannot be explained by simple meteoric models. The author sets out the progress made in researching the event and deals with the UFO myths surrounding it.
- Author BiographyVladimir V. Rubtsov was born at 1948 in Kharkov, then the USSR (now independent Ukraine). He received his M.S. degree in computer science in 1972 and after that joined the laboratory of Dr. A. V. Zolotov in Kalinin (now Tver), where for three years studied the problem of the Tunguska explosion. Received his Ph.D. degree in the philosophy of science from the Institute of Philosophy of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (Moscow, Russia), having defended in 1980 the doctoral thesis Philosophical and Methodological Aspects of the Problem of Extraterrestrial Civilizations (the first of its kind in the former USSR). Dr. Rubtsov's professional fields are methodology of interdisciplinary research, sociology of science and technology, and general epistemology. He is currently Director of the Research Institute on Anomalous Phenomena (RIAP), as well as the Editor of its newsletter RIAP Bulletin. Dr. Rubtsov has authored some 120 scientific and popular-science articles in the Soviet, post-Soviet, and foreign press, as well as two scientific monographs: The Problem of Extraterrestrial Civilizations (with A. D. Ursul, Kishinev: Shtiintsa [ Science , the publishing house of the Moldavian Academy of Sciences], 1984 & 1987) and UFOs and Modern Science (with Y. V. Platov, Moscow: Nauka [ Science , the publishing house of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 1991). Dr. Rubtsov is a full member of the Russian Academy of Cosmonautics, an associate member of the Society for Scientific Exploration, USA, a member of the Expert Group on Anomalous Atmospheric Phenomena of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and a member of the SETI Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Author(s)Vladimir Rubtsov
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight504 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEdward Ashpole
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.