Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £14.90Trending at £15.06
- £9.42Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £16.70Trending at £21.72
- £15.55Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £18.71Trending at £18.97
About this product
- Author(s)Helen Leach,Mary Browne,Raelene Inglis
- PublisherOtago University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- GenreFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationDunedin
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintOtago University Press
- Content Noteb/w & colour illus
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction; In Search of the 17th Century Twelfth Cake -- Sir Kenelm Digby's Recipe; 18th Century Twelfth Cakes - Hannah Glasse's Recipe; From Twelfth Cake to Christmas Cake - Isabella Beeton's Recipe; Christmas Cakes in the 20th Century: Facts & Figures; Christmas Cakes from the Last Hundred Years -- Nine Historic Cake Recipes with Photographs; Notes; Bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyHelen Leach is an Emeritus Professor of Anthropology at the University of Otago. Her research interests include the evolution of human diet and prehistoric horticulture. Her book, The Pavlova Story, was shortlisted in the Montana NZ Book Awards 2009. Mary Browne is a leading food writer who updated and photographed twelve classic pavlova recipes for The Pavlova Story. Raelene Inglis is a researcher in food history. Her earlier investigations into Christmas cakes with Helen created the database from which this book has grown.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.