Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
About this product
- Author(s)Ben Evans
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/12/2014
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleSpringer-Praxis Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note87 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight893 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Acknowledgments.- Introduction.- Chapter 1: A Steadily Brightening Star.- Chapter 2: Columbia and After.- Chapter 3: An International Workplace.- Chapter 4: A Tourist's Haven.- Chapter 5: The Dragon Awakens.- Chapter 6: Epilogue - The Next Fifty Years.- Bibliography.- Index.
- Author BiographyBen Evans is an accomplished and experienced space writer ideally qualified to chronicle the epic story of human space exploration. This is the final entry in his A History of Human Space Exploration sub-series with Springer Praxis, following after Escaping the Bonds of Earth: The Fifties and Sixties (2009), Foothold in the Heavens: The Seventies (2010), At Home in Space: The Late Seventies into the Eighties (2010), Tragedy and Triumph: The Eighties and Early Nineties (2012), and Partnership in Space: The Mid to Late Nineties (2014). He has also published numerous space and astronomy related articles in such journals as Spaceflight, Countdown and Astronomy Now.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.