All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionAfter KNOCKED UP and 27 DRESSES, Katherine Heigl continues her reign as queen of the romantic comedies with this film from director Robert Luketic (LEGALLY BLONDE, 21). Katherine Heigl is Abby, a TV producer in Sacramento, California. Gerard Butler (300, ROCKNROLLA) is Mike Chadway, a local anchorman who hosts 'The Ugly Truth', a sassy show about relationships. After the umpteenth failed date, Abby finds herself disillusioned and upset in front of the telly, watching, bizarrely enough, Mikes programme. Outraged by the man's cynicism, she calls into the studio and starts arguing with him on-air only to find out, the day after, that her network intends to hire Mike to revitalize Abby's show's meagre shares. The two have many difficulties getting along, but eventually end up calling a truce when Abby meets her handsome new neighbour Colin. Mike offers to help her 'conquer' him, promising that, if his plan fails, he will leave the show. Quite surprisingly everything seems to be going by the book, but is Abby being truthful to herself or is she just acting a part? And will Mike be able to fight back his growing feelings for the beautiful but demanding producer?
- Leading Role 1Katherine Heigl
- Director 1Robert Luketic
- Leading Role 2Gerard Butler
- Leading Role 3Eric Winter
- Additional Roles byKevin Connolly,Nick Searcy,John Michael Higgins,Cheryl Hines
- ProducerTom Rosenberg,Gary Lucchesi
- ScreenwriterKirsten Smith,Karen McCullah Lutz,Nicole Eastman
- Score ComposerAaron Zigman
- EditorLisa Zeno Churgin
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- Additional GenreRomantic
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,English,Finnish,Hindi,Norwegian,Portuguese,Swedish
- Running Time92 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- funky_angel198612 Mar, 2013by
one of the best films I have seen
fantastic rom com, laughed and nearly cried at the same time throughout it classic film that could watch again and again, both katherine and gerard are fabulous together in it, would recommend to anyone..great buy :)
- thealistair5424 Feb, 2013by
Largely predictable but worth a watch.
Two great actors in a film that could be so much more. Heigl stars as the quintessential uptight, controlling American who has no love life and lives for her job. Enter Butler. The obnoxious, easygoing TV personality who immediately locks horns with Heigl before sweeping her off of her feet. It's the obvious story of two people who argue for most of the film, but end up in the last 10 minutes realising that they love each other. This movie is not wholly bad though. There are a few laughs and Butler delivers the comedy easily, but it isn't one that will be remembered as a classic by any stretch of the imagination. All I can say is it's a great film if you don't want too much to think about and just want to chill out in front of the TV for 90 minutes with a carefree romantic comedy.
- dshor6706 Jul, 2011by
not for the children!
katherine heigl and gerard butler work well together in this romantic comedy. this film has become one of my all time favourites.
- lisa019929 Jun, 2011by
great rom com
took a little while for me to get into this film,only bought because of actors.gerard butler as the know it all man with an opinion about everthing and katherine heigl as the woman looking through rose tinted glasses to find mr right. some rather funny scenes which katherine pulls off really well.a good all round rom com. does contain scenes of a sexual nature.
- rskeizars19 May, 2011by
great film with super acting from both the main actors, very lighthearted and easy to watch if slightly sexist remarks dont bother you. good romantic comedy, best ive watched in a while.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.94Trending at £10.35
- £16.85Trending at £19.49
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £6.44Trending at £9.98
- £5.94Trending at £10.00
- £5.95Trending at £6.99
- £19.54Trending at £20.70