Consider these sponsored items
- £12.51Was:£15.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Stephen O'Brien
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- GenreComputer Games: User Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Weight386 g
- Width181 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Table Of Contents<>Introduction 1What's In This Book 1How to Use This Book 3 Crafting Recipes 3 Chapter 1 Getting Started 5Starting a New Game 6 More Options 11 Single-Player Game Modes 13Hosting and Controlling Multiplayer Games 15Understanding World Seeds 19Controls 19The Bottom Line 21 Chapter 2 First-Night Survival 23Surviving and Thriving 23Heading for the Trees 25Using Your Inventory 26Building a Crafting Table 28 Let's Build Some Tools 30 Creating a Shelter 31 The Furnace Is Your Friend 35 Let There Be Light 36 Slumbering with Lumber 38The Bottom Line 41 Chapter 3 Gathering Resources 43Introducing the HUD 43Avoiding Getting Lost 46Improving Your Tools 47Chests: Safely Stashing Your Stuff 49Avoiding Monsters 51Hunger Management 53Your Mission: Food, Resources, and Reconnaissance 54 Food on the Run 56 Finding a Building Site 58A Resourceful Guide to the Creative Mode Inventory 61The Bottom Line 63 Chapter 4 Mining 65Dig Deep, My Friend 65The Mining Layer Cake Guide 67Lava Lakes and Other Pitfalls 69Descending to Layer 11 70 The 2x1 Ladder Descent 71 The Straight Staircase 73 The Spiral Staircase 74Layouts for Fast, Efficient Mining 75Staying Safe While You Mine 78The Bottom Line 79 Chapter 5 Combat School 81Introducing the Menagerie 81 Zombies 82 Spiders 83 Skeletons 85 Cave Spiders 86 Spider Jockeys 87 Creepers 88 Slimes 89 Endermen 90 Zombie Pigmen 90Defensive Mobs 91 Snow Golems 91 Iron Golems 92Weapons and Armor 93 Swordcraft 94 Bows and Arrows 94 Armor-All 97 Color Coordinate Your Leather 99The Bottom Line 100 Chapter 6 Crop Farming 103Choosing a Crop 103 Finding Seeds in Elysium 106 Establishing a Wheat Farm 108 Automated Farms 114 Creating a Piston Harvester 118 Sticky Piston Harvesting 120 Creating a Water Harvester 121 Harvesting Other Crops 124The Bottom Line 125 Chapter 7 Farming and Taming Mobs 127Farming and Working with Friendly Mobs 127 Breeding Animals 130 Riding Pigs 133Fishing 133The Bottom Line 134 Chapter 8 Creative Construction 137Leaving the Cave 137Unleashing Your Interior Decorator 140Building Underwater 147Protecting Your Perimeter 153 Becoming a Ditch Witch 153 Mob Pitfalls 155 Thick as a Brick 157The Bottom Line 157 Chapter 9 Redstone, Rails, and More 159Seeing Red: A Beginner's Guide 160 Power Sources 160 Redstone Wiring 163 Powered Blocks 164 Repeaters 166 Output Devices 168Automatic Doors 170 Vertical Currents 176Advanced Circuits 177 NOT Gates, aka Inverters 177 OR Gates, or Any Input Will Do 178 AND Gates, Two True 179 Repeater Loops 180Rail Transport 181 Have Minecart, Will Travel 181 Rolling on Rails 183 Making Tracks and Stations 184 Halfway Stations 185The Bottom Line 186 Chapter 10 Enchanting, Anvils, and Brewing 187Enchanting Wiles 187 Creating and Mining Obsidian 189 Crafting Books 192 Casting Enchantments 192 Improving Enchantment Chances with Bookshelves 194 Earning and Managing Experience 195 Sprucing Up Your Weapons 196 Enhancing Your Armor 197 Improving Your Tools 197Hammer It Out with the Anvil 198Brewing Potions 200 Brewing Up a Storm 202 Enhancing Potions 205The Bottom Line 206 Chapter 11 Villages and Other Structures 207Village Life 207Emerald City: Your Ticket to Trade 210Other Structures 212 Desert Temples 213 Jungle Temples 214 Dungeons 215 Abandoned Mineshafts 216 Strongholds 216 Nether Fortresses 217Mapping, or There and Back Again 217Crafting a Clock 218The Bottom Line 219 Chapter 12 Playing Through: The Nether and The End 221Alternate Dimensions 221Getting to The Nether 224 Portal Magic 225Surviving the Nether Fortress 229Nether Mobs 230The End Game 232 Finding a Stronghold 234 Defeating the Ender Dragon 237The Bottom Line 241 Index 243
- Author BiographyStephen O'Brien is an Australian-born writer and entrepreneur currently residing in Sydney after too many years in Silicon Valley. He has written more than 30 books across multiple editions with publishers such as Prentice Hall and Que, including several best-selling titles. He also founded Typefi, the world's leading automated publishing system, and in his spare time he invented a new type of espresso machine called mypressi. He has been using Minecraft since its early betas and remains astounded at the unparalleled creativity it engenders. Stephen is also the author of The Advanced Minecraft Strategy Guide, published by Que.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.32
- £12.75Trending at £20.22
- £40.35Trending at £41.15
- £30.00Trending at £43.03
- £18.73Trending at £19.65
- £16.40Trending at £19.40
- £30.19Trending at £33.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.