All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoppy Minkel's mother despairs of ever finding her a husband. When Daddy disappears, Poppy's tendency to the unusual is quietly allowed to flourish as she invents her own life in step with the unfolding century. Meanwhile World War I opens new horizons.
- Author BiographyLaurie Graham is a former Daily Telegraph columnist and Contributing Editor to She. The Future Homemakers of America, also published by Fourth Estate, was her sixth novel. She is currently writing radio plays and working on her next novel.
- Author(s)Laurie Graham
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/05/2003
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/08/2008
- Weight269 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- hunsunmoon04 Aug, 2014by
A must read; especially in the summer as it left me leaping about with joy!
A superb novel, right up there with her other gems, such as The World According to Lubka, Gone With the Windsors and more. Perfect timing, hilariously funny, excellent character portraits. Her impeccable nailing of American speech and manner in her books including Americans make it hard to believe she's in fact English! My smile lingered long after the closing sentence. Read it in one sitting. Don't miss it.
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £9.00
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £4.52Trending at £9.00
- £6.27Trending at £7.98