CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £16.23
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionAn English translation of Al-`Iqd al-Farid , which is one of the classics of Arabic literature. Compiled in several volumes by an Andalusian scholar and poet named Ibn `Abd Rabbih (246-328 H/860-940 CE), the work is a mine of information about various elements of Arab culture and letters during the four centuries before his death.
- Author BiographyThe translator Issa J. Boullata is a literary critic and scholar, who also writes fiction. Former Professor of Arabic Literature at McGill University, Montreal, Canada, he has published several books, including Trends and Issues in Contemporary Arab Thought (1990) and a novel in Arabic, Homecoming to Jerusalem (1998), in addition to numerous studies on Arabic literature, short stories in English, and translations of works by Ahmad Amin, Jabra Ibrahim Jabra, Mohamed Berrada, Ghada Samman, Emily Nasrallah, and others. Among his latest books are: Literary Structures of Religious Meaning in the Qur'an, ed., (2000) and, in Arabic, A Window on Modernism: Studies in the Works of Jabra Ibrahim Jabra (2002). He was editor of the following journals: Al-`Arabiyya (1977-82) and The Muslim World with W. Bijlefeld (1980-90), and guest-editor of Oral Tradition: Arabic Oral Traditions (1989) and Mundus Arabicus (1992).
- Author(s)Ibn `Abd Rabbih
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Great Books of Islamic Civilization
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Weight739 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byIssa J. Boullata
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.